Email: zhangxiaotong (at) gmail.com
- Numerical electromagnetic modeling and computation
- Imaging of tissue electrical properties using MRI
- MRI engineering and safety
Honors and Awards
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, Zhejiang University, China, 2009
- B.S., Electrical Engineering (Honors Program of Engineering), Zhejiang University, China, 2004
- Merit Awards - Magna Cum Laude, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 2013, 2014
- National Institute of Biomedical Imaging and Bioengineering (NIBIB)/National Institutes of Health (NIH) Student Travel Fellowship, 2009
- Lu's Education Foundation Fellowship of Zhejiang University, 2008-2009
- Wu X †, Zhang XT † (co-first authors), Tian J, Schmitter S, Hanna B, Strupp J, Pfeuffer J, Hamm M, Wang D, Nistler J, He B, Vaughan T, Ugurbil K, and Van de Moortele P-F. “Comparison of radiofrequency body coils for MRI at 3 Tesla: a simulation study using parallel transmission on various anatomical targets”, NMR in Biomedicine, in press
- Zhang XT, Van de Moortele P-F, Liu JE, Schmitter S, and He B. “Quantitative Prediction of Radio Frequency Induced Local Heating Derived from Measured Magnetic Field Maps in Magnetic Resonance Imaging: A Phantom Validation at 7 Tesla”, Applied Physics Letters, 105(24): 244101, 2014. (cover article)
- Liu JE, Zhang XT, Schmitter S, Van de Moortele P-F, and He B. “Gradient-based Electrical Properties Tomography (gEPT): a Robust Method for Mapping Electrical Properties of Biological Tissues In Vivo Using Magnetic Resonance Imaging”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, in press.
- Zhang XT, Liu JE, and He B. “Magnetic Resonance Based Electrical Properties Tomography: A Review”, IEEE Reviews in Biomedical Engineering, 7: 87-96, 2014. (review paper)
- Zhang XT, Schmitter S, Van de Moortele P-F, Liu JE, and He B. “From Complex B1 Mapping to Local SAR Estimation for Human Brain MR Imaging Using Multi-channel Transceiver Coil at 7T”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 32(6): 1058-1067, 2013.
- Liu JE, Zhang XT, Van de Moortele P-F, Schmitter S, and He B. “Determining electrical properties based on B(1) fields measured in an MR scanner using a multi-channel transmit/receive coil: a general approach,” Physics in Medicine and Biology, 58(13): 4395–4408, 2013.
- Zhang XT, Van de Moortele P-F, Schmitter S, and He B. “Complex B1 Mapping and Electrical Properties Imaging of the Human Brain using a 16-channel Transceiver Coil at 7T”, Magnetic Resonance in Medicine, 69(5): 1285-1296, 2013.
- Zhang XT, Zhu SA and He B, “Imaging Electric Properties of Biological Tissues by RF Field Mapping in MRI”, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 29(2): 474-481, 2010.